Wednesday, January 2, 2008

The Year in Review

2007 was a banner year. It started off with a bang when we spent a week sipping margaritas and frolicking in the Mexican sunshine. Two birthday surprises came a few days later when my parents showed up out of the blue on my big day. Then a group of my closest friends from college appeared on my doorstep to join in on the "70th birthday" party. I truly don't think I'll ever be so surprised again.

I found out we were pregnant on March 1, so I wrapped up a copy of "What to Expect When You're Expecting" for Steve's birthday. The look on his face was part joy, part shock and part terror. I'll never forget it.

We spent the spring and summer watching my belly grow, getting the house ready for the baby and enjoying a good run from the Cubs. We jetted off to Lake Tahoe in August and spent a few really terrific days hiking, swimming and lounging around as a last hurrah.

After endless weeks of waiting, Sam made his big debut in November. We've been trying to master Baby 101 since then and are enjoying all of the ups and downs of our new life.

Here's to many more adventures in 2008!



No comments: