Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Dance Party USA

Back at St. Ben’s my friends and I used to end our evenings with dance parties in our living room. We’d order pizza and sing and dance until the delivery man showed up. We had a long list of favorite songs and to this day, we’ve been known to take over the dance floor. Now that I’m in Mom mode, I’ve rediscovered the joy of a good dance party – I just have a new (and very small) dance partner!

They say classical music is best for babies, but Sam and I like to mix it up a little. To keep it educational, I choose songs from all eras – 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s. "Boogie Shoes," "Walking on Sunshine" and "Rock With You" are some of our favorites, and when we want to slow it down a little, we move to "Tupelo Honey" and "Your Song. "

My hope is that someday Sam will give all of the Bennies a run for their money on the dance floor. Perhaps at his wedding. I guess we’ll have to wait a few years to find out!



My first dance partners (notice I did not say "former"):

My newest dance partner (and the love of my life):

No comments: