Saturday, May 17, 2008

Half Pint's Half Birthday

When Samuel was about two months old I called my Mom to moan and wail about being exhausted. I told her it was overwhelming to keep up with Sam when I was up all night every night. We were stuck inside as the winter dragged on and while I was madly in love with Sam, I felt like my life had been turned upside down. My Mom's reply? "It's just really hard for the first six months." WHAT?!?! SIX MONTHS?? I remember feeling like I had been punched in the gut. Six months was an eternity! I hung up and looked at the calendar. Six months put us squarely in the middle of May. It was January. How would I ever survive?

Well, I'm happy to report May 15 has come and gone and Sam, Steve and I all survived. Sam makes us happier than we ever could have imagined. It's truly amazing to watch him grow and explore the world around him. When I look at the calendar now I can't wait to see what the next six months hold.

Looks like my Mom was right again!


Posted by Picasa

No comments: