Tuesday, July 21, 2009

BP II



If the bulging belly, insatiable appetite and constant fatigue didn’t prove it, yesterday’s ultrasound did. BP II is well on his way to making his big debut in December. Yep, you read that correctly, we’re having another boy.

The news was quite shocking to me as I’ve been convinced it was a girl for months. Apparently my gut isn’t exactly accurate – especially when you look at the undisputable proof in this picture!

So there is some good news and some bad news here (although I’ve decided the bad news can be turned into good news):

Good news:
· We can recycle all of Sam’s clothing and toys
· We’ve already mastered (?) how to care for a newborn boy’s special needs (read: circumcision). · Sam will have a younger brother and given the proximity in age, they’ll likely be playmates for life.

Bad, but good, news:
· I’m destined for years of wrestling and rough-housing, but Steve will have to carry the burden of really trying to keep up with them (we’ll just need a bigger house).
· I’ll end up hauling around stinky boys and their stinky athletic equipment, but I like sports and I’ve got a bunch of nieces who can help me get my fill of gymnastics meets, dance recitals and prom dress shopping.
· As the only female in the house I should be adored and pampered for the rest of my life. :)

So bring on BP II. Only 19 ½ weeks to go!

2 comments:

Penelope said...

Yay! Congrats Katie, Steve & Sam!!! I didn't even know you were preggers - what wonderful news. -Penny

april said...

Congrats Katie! Terrific news - they'll be best buddies. :)