Saturday, April 24, 2010

End of an Era

We’re going to Minneapolis today. Forever. It’s hard to believe the day is already here, and to say I’m unprepared is a vast understatement. It’s also an understatement to say we’re going to miss Chicago.




Earlier this week I took the el to work and it reminded me of how much I love this place. I zig-zagged through our neighborhood, which was looking all shiny and bright in the spring sunshine. After I got off the train, I made my way up Lake Street toward the Aon Center. It was 8 a.m. so the streets were packed and the crush of people put a little spring in my step. All day long I looked out from my desk at the Hancock Building and a stretch of bright blue Lake Michigan and thought about how much fun we’ve had here. It’s just such a great city! I’m going to miss the endless rows of restaurants and shops, the corner bars, the el train rumbling around, and the hustle and bustle of all the people. Thinking of Wrigley on a sunny summer day, walks along Lake Michigan and visits to the Lincoln Park Zoo will always make me nostalgic.

I’m already looking forward to our first trip back, but I’m also looking forward to having the move behind us and finally settling into our new life in Minneapolis. It’s going to be a whole new chapter, and I know it’s going to be a great one.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

I have been thinking about you these past couple of weeks, knowing that you are torn inside. Congratulations on acheiving your childhood dream of being a Chicagoan! Now onto Minnesota! I know you have many fans cheering you on.

Naomi Damask said...

I'm so sad that you are gone, but realize that we are probably not that far off on making the trek back to Minnesota. Our door is ALWAYS open to visitors...we'll miss you!!

Naomi Damask said...

that JLC NC is from Naomi... :)