Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Happy Trails

Sam and I made the long journey home to Minneapolis this weekend. I describe it as long because when you have a 15-month-old child on an airplane, 30 minutes is a long time, an hour is an eternity.

But we were blessed to have the whole row to ourselves and some very friendly strangers behind us who were open to playing peek-a-boo with Sam. The window shade also provided a few minutes of entertainment. So did the seat-back pocket and seatbelts.
We went home so I could help celebrate my friend Jen's upcoming nuptials. It was great fun to hang with the college gals on Saturday evening and it gave Grandma B some alone time with Sam.
On Sunday we gathered and Uncle Art and Aunt Angie's for lunch and some playtime. Sam was pretty excited to see his cousins, which was evidenced by his shrieks of joy. I don't normally steal content from other blogs, but when I saw Angie's post this morning, I knew I had to. The hot property on Sunday was cousin Claire's ride-on toy and Sam felt like it was his manly right to perch on it all day long. Poor Claire was a little taken aback and Meghan, after pushing Sam around in circles, wanted a turn too. No such luck.

After the weekend I've decided a couple of things:

--Before we head home again we need to teach Sam how to be a gentleman;
--We're booking Sam his own airplane seat for our trip to FLA next month.









No comments: