Sunday, March 1, 2009

On Our Own

Sam and I were on our own this weekend and we took it upon ourselves to have as much fun as possible! Saturday started with a bang with music class at Bubbles. Sam thoroughly enjoyed the songs and the parachute, as always, and we stayed after so he could burn off some extra energy. After his nap, Sam and I hit the stores to look for a new bathing suit I could wear on our trip. Not an easy task with a 15 ½ year-old -- when he burst out laughing, I took it as a sign that I really did look as bad as I thought. We promptly left and I’ll be wearing one of the suits that are in my closet.

We had more fun today, in spite of the awful weather. We hit Target first thing and then went to the Nature Museum. We spent loads of time in the indoor playground and then visited the butterflies. When we’re in the butterfly haven, Sam now points and says, “But.” I’m not going to lie – it makes me very proud.

I broke all the rules and let Sam watch Sesame Street tonight. We both loved it. Sam kept looking over his shoulder at me with a huge grin on his face. Turns out he loves Big Bird, Ernie, Oscar the Grouch and Grover as much as I do.

We’ll be very happy to have Steve back tomorrow night. Bath time wasn’t the same without the Bubble Master and in general, life’s just better when we’re a threesome. But I have to admit, Sam is the best sidekick a girl could ever want. We had a great weekend.






Posted by Picasa

No comments: