Wednesday, February 10, 2010

What a Week!

Sunday: Sam gets bit by Baxter the dog five minutes after we arrive at our Super Bowl party. Baxter is a sweet dog (with VERY nice owners), but when Sam went running toward him and his bone, Baxter felt a bit threatened and made it known to Sam. We went straight to the ER where three nurses and two doctors checked him out before disinfecting his wound (via syringe!!) and sending us on our way. I think the whole thing was scariest for Steve and me. Sam was as brave as I've ever seen him. Me? I had to look away and fight back the tears in my eyes!!

Monday: All is well. We take Elliott in for his two-month check up and learn he 's the average size of a 5 1/2-month-old baby. Whoa. No wonder nothing fits him! I also asked the doc to investigate Elliott's little belly button because I had noticed that there was something black lodged in it. Could it be dried blood? Should we be concerned that it isn't healing properly? Nope. Just belly button lint.

Tuesday: Sam wakes up puking and Steve and I learn that being doused in puke isn't so bad when it's your own little guy that has a tummy ache. Poor kid threw up all morning before taking a long nap and waking up a new man. Phew!


Wednesday: We wake up to the biggest snowfall of the season. Sam and I shovel us out and have some fun doing it!

Here's hoping the rest of the week is a little quieter. I'm a little tired.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: